Follow these procedures if you have been the victim of fraudulent activity on your debit or credit card.
DEBIT Card Transaction Dispute
Call the Chargeback Dispute Center at 1-877-715-2299 only if the transaction exceeds $15.00. You should have the following information ready:
- VISA check card number
- transaction amount
- date and place transaction occurred
- receipt from the original transaction if available
**It is important to note either the member service representative that you speak with at the Chargeback Dispute Center or the case number assigned to the claim. When the transaction is corrected, your account will be adjusted without further action from you. If you have any problems with the above procedure, feel free to contact the Heritage South Call Center at 256/245.4776 and speak to a member services representative.
CREDIT Card Transaction Dispute
There are 3 ways to handle a transaction dispute.
Choose one of the following procedures.
- Contact VISA at 1-800-237-6211 and speak to a customer service representative about your problem.
- Circle the disputed transaction on your statement and notate that the item is unauthorized then mail it to the address on the back of the statement.
- Circle the disputed transaction on your statement and notate that the item is unauthorized then fax it to VISA at 1/727/570.4819 with Attention: Dispute Center.
**Be very wary about opening emails and replying to solicitations claiming to be from Card Services for Credit Unions (CSCU).
**CSCU NEVER contacts the cardholder directly, ALL communication is handled through the credit union.
If you ever have a question about correspondence sent to you, contact the credit union directly or call the contact number on your statement, in the statement, or on the company's website.